Howard County Genealogical SocietyThe Howard County Genealogical Society was founded in 1972 as the Genealogy and Local History Club of Howard County. The goals are to preserve and disseminate genealogical materials for Howard County, as well as to provide a community in which researchers can expand their knowledge of genealogy and research.
Society members assist genealogists in researching their Howard County roots by answering queries, volunteering in the library, and publishing materials, making them available to the community.
The society has grown to over 100 members. Visitors are always welcome! Annual membership is $15, and you do not need to have roots in Howard County to join.
Monthly MeetingsFirst Monday, April - October
First Saturday, November - March
Meetings are held in the lower level of the Kokomo Howard County Public Library, at 220 N. Union St., Kokomo Indiana.
If you have questions you may contact one of our officers:
- Ron Word, Pres.
- Amy Russell, V. Pres.
- Pam Carter, Treasurer
- Pat Tracewell, Secretary
- KHCPL Genealogy & Local History Dept.
- Howard County Historical Society
- Sons of Union veterans of the Civil War
- Russiaville Historical Society
- Howard County DAR
- The Indiana Society of Children of the American Revolution
- Howard Miami Heritage Society
- Howard County Genealogist - Cindy Stover - cell 765.432.5453, email email@example.com